Friday, January 27, 2012

I have been putting off doing a post until I had some time to actually get pictures up and everything but I have a feeling that if I keep  waiting I'll never get around to it.
Christmas feels like it was forever ago! We had a fun little Christmas as a fam, I had to work Christmas eve 5-5pm Christmas day 5-11am and the day after from 5-5pm. Santa still made time to visit our house Emma was a lot of fun this year. We were able to also have my family Christmas party on the 23 which was fun.. We got to see the grandparents and hang out with everyone which doesn't happen often. The days after Christmas were spent with Brandons fam because J&C were in town. We celebrated the Dec. birthdays at the fun park, and hung out at our house one day... and I know I'm forgetting the details... (this is why I shouldn't wait to update!)
We rung in the new year at my parents. Emma luckily fell asleep so we stayed and did A TON of fire works. It was a blast. We also got to play Toy Story Mania which is so much fun.
I enjoyed my time off of school and felt like we were a normal family again but that was short lived and now I'm back to school. This semester I only have class once a week from 8-2:45, I'm still working two days a week and starting next week I have clinical once a week for 3 weeks then I start my precepting shifts which I hope I can make it through. I'll be trying to keep up my two shifts and I need to do at least two a week for school too... so thats 4 12 hour shifts a week plus a full day of class and not to mention just normal life. Good thing that only lasts 6 weeks then I will be done and be able to take boards! WOO HOO.
Emma has been giving me and Brandon such a hard time this past week. It started last Saturday night. We were talking on Sunday and we put her down around  9 for bed and she fought sleep and screamed and yelled, pounded her head against her door. We kept just trying to snuggle her and get her to calm down and put her back to bed but by 1am we were exhausted and we had to be up to speak at 9am church so we let her sleep with us which is a first.... and LAST worst nights sleep ever! Well we woke up at 8:48 and were in full on panic  mode... we walked in at 9:05 during the opening song. Out talks went ok but man. Over share... I got dressed so fast I forgot to even put a bra on and realized when I went to talk out of the house...
Well Emma has continued to be completely afraid of going to bed. I had work the next few days so I just let her fall asleep with me then Brandon would put her in her bed when he got home. Last night she fell asleep after about an hour of me tucking her in every 10 min. Tonight I fought with her for about an hour and then ended up being able to sing and rock her (and myself) to sleep. I woke up and put her down and got back to working on home work. Brandon just got home and she just woke up to him coming in... what a cutie...
At least during  the day I wouldn't trade her for anything. She is so dang cute is talking so much and just runs around pointing and naming things.
Well tomorrow we are going to Brian Regan with my family and then me and Brandon are staying at Kim & Blairs then we are going snowboarding Saturday, all while Emma stays at nana and papa's. Hopefully she sleeps good for them :) It will be the last fun weekend we probably together until I'm done with school so we are going all out!
So brace yourself for lots of pics and fun stories hopefully. :)

1 comment:

Oliver Family said...

I'm so glad other parents struggle with their kids. It make me feel better. Misery really does like company. We moved last month and ever since then Spencer has been so bad with his sleep schedule. We finally got it mostly back to normal but he wakes up at 5am unless we don't let him nap....sigh* I miss naps.