Sunday, August 19, 2012

Big news...

Little Miss Emma Kate is officially out of diapers. I would love to say she is potty trained but to be honest she we still have accidents. She has a hard time when we get together with the fam, and to be honest I don't watch her as close, and well, accidents happen... And I wish I could say that I have been cool as a cucumber every times but I really haven't. I've wanted to throw in the towel a bunch. With this new independence of using the potty she is really starting to flex her independence in general and there are a lot of tantrums at our house, and sometimes not just from her. Some days I'm so done with the fits and crying and whining and not listening I get really short with E and I feel terrible. But then there are still lots of moment where we just snuggle and she gets so excited when I get home from work and I get lots of hugs and kisses that I think I can't be doing that bad of a job.
Enough of that.
Emma is so excited that she got a Buzz and Woody for pooping on the potty. She has played with them for well over an hour which is amazing for her. She keeps repeating the little saying that they say "to the rescue Buzz!" and she has lost Woodys hat more times than I can count. We are so proud of our little girl.
She is loving to dance around and shake her hips its too funny right now she is jamming out to some Yo Gabba Gabba. She still loves Mickey. She is getting so tall and thinning out a lot. I feel like her pants are just getting loose and short haha. She is so loud all the time. She is starting to pretend more, and will actually play with toys. She tries to fix everything. She found a screw driver the other day and was trying to "fix" her stroller and had found screws and was trying to put them in. She still isn't into princess stuff but she loves her babies and feeding and changing there bums and taking them potty. She loves when I let her play in the dirt in the backyard. She still thinks her baby in mommy's tummy is going to be a brother so we shall see.... I guess that isn't blog knowledge.
We're prego! We had our first appointment at 10weeks at the first part of August. I'm 13 weeks now. One big change this pregnancy is I am SO sick.. pretty much all the time. Luckily I got some phenegren and I can actually eat and I'm starting to put back on the 10lbs I lost from 6-10weeks. I thought I was going to be able to stop taking it cause I was taking it a lot less and I woke up the other morning with lots of energy and felt amazing, so I cleaned a bunch and got all of Emma's old baby clothes from nb-24mo all organized and into bins and started cleaning the garage... Well I threw up by lunch. I've since continued taking my medicine around the clock and the nausea is lessened again. Only bad thing about these meds is they make me so tired, so on top of my normal prego fatigue I'm even more tired which has been a killer for my motivation and getting things done. But its way better than puking, just saying.
There are lots of things I want to do but its just so hot lately. Can it be fall all ready? I mean summer has been fun, lots of family vacations but I really am so ready for fall. I love the smells, shopping, not being so hot, soups, I love the fall. I kind of feel like summer makes me run around like a crazy person and the cool weather just makes it easy to just stay in and slow down. One thing I'm dreading but excited for is getting the spare room aka the craft/junk hole turned into Emmas room and getting her room turned into the babies room... Some how putting a room together for this new little one makes me terrified to have a number two, because I sometimes don't know how we get by with just one kiddo, but I'm really so excited for our little family to grow.
Well its bed time and that means I get to go snuggle with my little gal. Too bad she is getting to big to rock so she likes me to cram in her little toddler bed and lay by her. I'm not going to lie I may have fallen asleep with her in the tiny little bed the other night...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

WHAT!! That's awesome! How exciting for you guys!