Monday, January 21, 2013

Catch up...

All right I didn't realize I was THIS behind... Lets get going...

October
I think I just missed Halloween. We went to a trunk or treat out in Tremonton with Brandon's parents. We got there at the end and everyone just gave handfuls of candy to Emma. She was pretty excited. After we headed out to my parents and did a few houses and visited with the cousins. We had gone up earlier that week and painted/carved pumpkins which was a blast.
Emma fell in love with these two skulls we had out durring Halloween. She took them everywhere with us. She named them spooky and glowy. She seriously freaked out if we didn't let her take them with her. She ate lunch with them, took them everywhere in her backpack, watched movies with them, even went to bed with them. She even snuck them back out of the Halloween box.










November
Thanksgiving we spent with my parents. I was to work that night so we did more of a lunch. It was lots of fun getting everyone together and of course I love eating. Emma had fun with her cousins and we enjoyed a delish dinner. We brought the stuffing this year, and I'm happy to report that it was pretty good. :)
Friday we headed up for a tree with my brothers and my dad. I really wanted to take Emma up this year so we tagged along with the boys. We somehow forgot Emmas snow clothes and we didn't have gloves for her so we were glad when we got up and it wasn't too cold. We bought some knit gloves at the gas station and she was dressed pretty warm. We found our tree within 15 min of looking but we walked through the forest for around 45 min before we went back and cut our tree. We sat and watched Lorax and had lunch in the truck while we waited for everyone else to get back. Right as we set off I was trying to climb up this muddy hill with Emma and we both fell and got SO muddy!




December
December was filled with watching lots of Christmas movies. Emma loved all the movies we watched and watched Mickeys Christmas Carol a million times. The first day in December we had a visit from a little elf. Emma decided to name him Taco. Taco flew off to the North Pole and reported to Santa every night and would show back up in a silly place. Emma loved going to find him every morning. One day he wrote her a letter that she was on the naughty list she was so proud of herself. (not what we had wanted) She carried that letter every where. In fact its still hanging on the fridge per her request and its mid January.
Later in the month we had a great Polar Express themed party out at my parents because we knew Christmas day would be busy with everyone's work schedules. Everyone had lots of fun, we made candy trains, and snowflakes with popsicle sticks and frosted cookies. We had a great steak dinner and then watched the Polar express with hot chocolate.
We went and checked out the lights at Temple square and mostly went to go see Santa. It was freezing cold and Emma didn't really care much for the lights and then we found out we would have to wait forever to see Santa and we couldn't even take our own pictures so we would have to spend 30$ for one 5x7. So being the terrible parents we are we didn't see him. We actually asked Emma and she said she wanted to go home. She was cold and tired and the last thing I wanted was pictures of her crying or us not even making to see him after waiting, so maybe next year.
Christmas day I was scheduled to work at 5pm so we had lots to pack in on Christmas. We woke Emma up and opened presents at our house. Some of Emmas favorite toys were her Hello Kitty bracelet, her kitchen and foods, and her doctor kit. After we hurried and got ready, we headed down to my Grandma and Grandpa Larsen's to meet up with the Sexton side of the family. We did presents and had a tasty breakfast of German Pancakes. It was lots of fun. Poor Emma, I don't know if its because we had to wake her up but she started asking to go home and was so sad, but we had to continue on with our visits. After a few hours we headed out to Brandon's parents house. We had an awesome brunch and did presents there and the kids ran around like crazy. Emma still kept asking to just go home, she was pretty worn out by now. Co was nice and tried to get dinner done before I had to go to work and i had just dished up part of my plate when work called and put me on call. I ended up being on call my whole shift so we were able to have dinner then we just headed  home and got poor worn out Emma to bed.
The next few days we spent a lot of time out at Brandon's parents. Jason and Claudia were up with the kiddos and Emma had a blast playing with "her Boston and Ada". Brandon had a bunch of days off that week so it was fun to spend some good time together as a family.

creepy spider web
Taco




December birhtday party at Ayottes




waking Emma Christmas morning



 January
New years eve was spent down to my parents. We played games, ate lots of great food, had lot of fireworks, and rang in the New year. All the kids even stayed up.
January has been really quite at my work so I have been on call, A LOT. I actually only worked one day in the last pay period. Not so fun for money but I've really loved being able to spend time with my little gal, more so because before I know it she isn't going to be an only kiddo! She always asks to kiss and give baby "Nasher" hugs. She tickles him, she gives him check ups, and tells me how she is going to be a big sister. She will proudly tell you his name and that he is in my belly. "baby Nasher Brody" We have been able to clean out Ashers room and have been trying to get Emma a big girl room set up. She just got new bedding and a new light and reading corner in her room.
Some other things about Emma right now...
She loves her babies and plays mommy a lot
can dress herself unless  you ask then she doesn't know how
changes her pjs at least once before she actually goes to bed
stays awake playing for at least an hour before she falls asleep, sometimes longer
is doing pretty awesome with being potty trained
is my little shopping buddy
loves her friend Olivia and they play really good together
Cut her hair by herself while I was showering
had a real first hair cut and cried the whole time but sat so still and just kept saying that she was afraid and scared
loves to have dance parties and asks for gangham style
plays pretend more and more
has the BEST voice when she is pretending to be a cat of dog its so funny
says some really funny things and of course I can't think of any right now
ready for picture over load?

New Years



Colds and boogs have become the norm 

movie date with Emmas friend Olivia

she eats chocolate (nutella) sandwiches every day



we had to take pictures of everything before bed

came up with this on her own

"nap time" more like get out all my tooth paste and baby oil and put it in the sink and toilet

Add caption



craft time

"Daddys home!!" thats a pillow about to hit her

family game night

Loves to have dad play "gtar" she asks him to teach her everyday. And we tell her when she is older she can play. Well the other morning she says, "mom I'm older today, now can I learn to play guitar"


night stand make over... too bad the smell never left and its still hiding in the garage. BOO not bad for 8$ and paint.

she asked him to pop her fingers, then she cried, got over it, and asked him to do the other hand... same results

kissin on baby "Nasher"

reading corner

"I comb baby Nashers hair ok."



HAIR CUTS by Emma

how we did her hair to hide the cut job



mom take our picture!



I want my nails done too!

"I had a good nap" YIKES to your hair kiddo!

rocking a side ponny to hide her scary hair


Emma are you tired, stay awake... OUT (pre hair cut)

tear just ran down her face the whole time "I fraid!"

being a goof at lunch after the cut. "I not fraid anymore!"

 Well lets hope I don't get that f ar behind again. But I'm kind of just planning on it. Asher will be here sometime with in a months time and then I will be spending some major snuggle time with our new little dude, and hoping Emma doesn't rebel once he is here.
Oh I'm 35 weeks and 4 days. I had Emma at 35 weeks and 6 days... Any guess on when this little dude will arrive? We go to the doc tomorrow to be checked. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got caught up, I enjoyed the read! Love you and your cute little fam!!