Saturday, February 16, 2013

Welcome Baby Asher

He's here! Well a week ago today he really got here but hey. 
So here's the story of how he got here... (I didn't really hold back so skip to the pics if you don't want to hear about labor, just fair warning.)
I had got a call from work earlier in the day asking if I wanted to work or be on call. I wanted to say just put me on call because every time I worked I had contractions my whole shift 5-10 min apart and was just uncomfortable. I was at a 5cm and 90% for effacement and still hadn't gone into labor, I seriously was a joke the last week of my pregnancy haha. I was soo done. Anyway. I told them I would work because at least I would be close if I did go into labor. I dropped Emma off to Brandon and Emma was mad she had to go in my car and said "we need to get mom a new car" (HAH, you're telling me kiddo!) So Brandon and her went to look at cars for fun then headed home. Well I got to work and hurry in because it was 4:58 and I had to park super far away. So I'm waddling through a contraction and I kind of feel a leak. I think serious? I know I need to pee really bad but seriously now I'm leaking?! I clock in get up to my floor and we start our huddle. I still have to pee really bad. I feel another leak, but more than the time before. I laugh and tell the girls either my water broke or I have a problem with peeing myself. I go and check things out and think I'm just peeing myself, gross! So then I head off to get report, more leaking every time I walk... Now I'm pretty sure its my water. I walk over to labor and delivery and get a strip that tests to see if its your water or not that is broke, I test, its positive. Woo hoo I was just glad to know I wan't peeing my pants haha. I call Brandon and he has made if half way home so he turns around. I called my mom and luckily she was still at work and was able to hang around to get Emma. The hospital has a no one under 14 years old in patient care areas so we were way glad to have my mom be able to take little Emma. 
I got checked in and headed back to L&D. Brandon showed up not too long after and then the waiting game started. I progressed to a 6 got my epidural, not so much because I was hurting but my nurse said if I got to an 8 they probably wouldn't give me one, and I'm just to chicken to do it without! After that I slowed down so we started pitocin. Brandon and I were just watching TV hanging out, laughing our guts out about random things, then I got really nauseous. My nurse was going to be in to check me again in about 15 min so I though I could just wait it out. Well then I felt like throwing up, Brandon hurried to find a basin then just grabbed the garbage just in time for me. Just as I was done throwing up my nurse walked in. It was 12:05 she checked me and sure enough I was complete. She said I still had a bag of water which was weird since mine had broke and she said she was afraid to break it for fear the baby would come before the doc. So she called the doc, set the room up, doc showed up, broke the bag, two little pushes later, little Asher arrived at 12:17 Crazy. 
Now for pics.
details
Just waiting watching b-ball, pic of clock just before delivery
sorry for the leg shots... 

6# 8 oz 19.5 in long

around 1:30 when we got up to mom baby

next day, proud daddy

dressed to go home

Hospital stay:
We were seriously so bored without out our crazy Emma girl running around. The nurses just kept saying that we were so quiet and kept asking if we needed anything. All of the nurses were awesome and we enjoyed our time with our little guy but were ready to get home and let Emma meet her little bro. Funny story the morning we went home (sunday morning) Asher got circumcised (that's not the funny part) but he totally peed on the doctor just after he got done doing it. Dr. Clarke came in and was like, everything went well but you really need to have a talk with that boy, he peed on me, in all my days I've never been peed on. Way to go Asher. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Oliver Family said...

HAHAHA. Ok the 3 pictures where Asher is in his little hospital bassinet and the bottom right you're holding him-wearing your glasses. Well the top right pic I thought was a picture of him sleeping in the nursery and I thought to myself. "Wow that baby next to him is huge! And they have freakishly long hair for a baby." Then a zoomed in and saw it was you. haha.